Welcome to the Pilates Platform.
Pilates is renowned all over the world as a global system for resistance training using a combination of body weight and apparatus techniques. These techniques lengthen and strengthen the body without creating bulk in the muscles. The 'powerhouse' muscles such as the lower back, transverse abdominals, hips, gluts and the extremities, shoulders, arms and legs are condition to create length and strength through them to improve our posture, flexibility, co-ordination and stamina.
Pilates is a great way of exercising at any stage of injury, as you can begin with simply by learning how to ‘switch on’ your deep core, along with specific muscles that need to begin working again. Exercises can be tailored specifically for you, to help reach your goals.
Benefits of Pilates
There are many benefits to incorporating pilates into your fitness, health and wellness regime. Below are a just a few;
- Improve Body Conditioning & Shaping on a deeper level
- Refines and strengthens the intrinsic/ finer muscles
- Better posture and ease of movement
- Being able to isolate and control muscle activation
- Corrective training for Prevention of injury
- Non invasive to joints (no aggressive weight bearing)
- Increase Recovery rate from injuries
- Better retention of Muscle memory
Our instructor Georgie is trained & certified through PilatesITC Sydney an International certification body. (Available for classes and 1:1 very soon).